The Apartment Advantage
- Apartments have a long track record of having the highest risk-adjusted investment returns compared to other property types. The sector has proven to be most resilient during economic downturns, delivering superior returns during recessionary periods.
- Apartments have the most efficient cash distribution, due to low capital expenditures and technical improvements.
- Apartments have a lower cost of capital and wider availability of debt capital; apartment investments can support more debt with the same level of risk.
- Apartments operate in a favorable, transparent, and market-driven regulatory and taxation environment. In addition, apartments have shorter leases than other property types, allowing them to adjust more quickly to changing market environments.
- Apartment properties vary widely in terms of age, size, quality, and location, creating a broad spectrum of opportunities and possible investment strategies, thereby providing greater liquidity than other sectors.